Twitter Rebranded as X? Elon Musk's Biographer Reveals the Story that Began in 1999
– Elon Musk's biographer, Ashlee Vance, has revealed that Musk once considered rebranding Twitter as "X".
– The idea reportedly originated in 1999, when Musk was working on his first startup, Zip2.
– Musk reportedly wanted to give all of his companies the letter "X" in their names, as a way of signifying their innovative and disruptive nature.
– Musk considered rebranding Twitter as "X" in 2006, when he first acquired the company.
– However, he ultimately decided against it, as he felt that the name "Twitter" was already well-known and established.
– The idea of rebranding Twitter as "X" has resurfaced in recent months, as Musk has become increasingly involved in the company.
– Musk has not yet made a decision on whether or not to rebrand Twitter as "X".
– However, the idea is certainly a possibility, as it would be in line with Musk's long-standing desire to give all of his companies the letter "X" in their names.
Watch Next Web stories